Listen, this gal LOVES a good reception. You know the ones I am talking about! The one where everyone is dancing all night long, the dance floor is ¾ full like 75% of the time, you have the people singing & swinging around, the drinking & the stories, the just pure fun & celebration festivities is just an overall good ole time.You know those type of receptions are literally the best.
So, how can you create some of those same experiences at your wedding? Make sure that people are dancing, having a good time & creating those memories? There are lots of things that can go into that to help create those things but one thing that is common & has been shown to keep the party going for lots of different receptions that I have shot at is…
The Reception Music Playlist…
Now, honestly the playlist is like setting the scene for your reception to potentially be ONE of those super fun receptions. Without good music, chances are people aren’t going to dance. BUT with good music that is usually paired with alcohol and celebratory vibes, that sounds like a recipe for the perfect opportunity to spend the whole night dancing.
So here is the thing, I have some solid experience with going to lots of different receptions, wedding photographer over here. So I may know a thing or two about the most go-to songs to keep people pumped, having a good time & dancing all night long.
I have compiled a list of the top 20, let me know your favorites & also if I don’t have some on this list, drop them in the comments, let’s share all of our favorite dancing songs for the soon to be newlyweds!
My Top 20 Go-To Reception Songs
- “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)” by Whitney Houston
- “Yeah” by Usher
- “Dancing Queen” by ABBA
- “Fergalicious” by Fergie
- “Get Low” by Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz featuring Ying Yang Twins
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
- “We Found Love” by Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris
- “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas
- “About Damn Time” by Lizzo
- “Timber” by Pitbull feat. Kesha
- “No Hands” by Waka Flocka Flame, Roscoe Dash ft. Wale
- “Cha-Cha Slide” by Mr C The Slide Man
- “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid
- “Hot In Here” by Nelly
- “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers
- “Time Of Our Lives” by Pitbull, Ne-Yo
- “Wobble” by V.I.C.
- “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
- “It’s Tricky” Run-DMC
- “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
Honestly, these keep the party going ALL night long, they are a jam! Let me know if this was helpful in the comments & drop your favorite jams down below as well!